St. Paul’s Ev. Lutheran Church & School, located in Saginaw, Michigan, is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
What We Believe…
Motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, St. Paul’s Lutheran exists to teach the whole counsel of God. Using Word and Sacraments, we will seek to nurture the faith and life of our members, as well as share God’s message and with our entire community and (through the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod) with the world.
St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in 1851 so that with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it might strengthen the faith of its members and reach out into the community and the world. To carry out this purpose we believe and teach –
- that the Bible is the infallible Word of God and the only foundation for Christian faith and life;
- that the Lord God revealed in the Bible (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) is the true and living God;
- that all people have sinned against His holy will, fall short of His glory, and therefore deserve to be condemned eternally;
- that Jesus Christ came into the world to deliver all people from the guilt and power of sin and that he lived and died and rose again as the perfect and only Substitute;
- that through faith created by the Holy Spirit the benefits of Christ’s work are received personally;
- that on the last day Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead and will take all those who trust in him into eternal life.
We join in that confession with over 1,200 congregations of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and with them carry on a world-wide ministry.
Verse of the Day
Please click here to take a short survey regarding Church Service times here at St. Paul's.
Please read the proposal from the Church Council, and let us know your thoughts.Read more...