What We Believe
- that the Bible is the infallible Word of God and the only foundation for Christian faith and life;
- that the Lord God revealed in the Bible (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) is the true and living God;
- that all people have sinned against His holy will, fall short of His glory, and therefore deserve to be condemned eternally;
- that Jesus Christ came into the world to deliver all people from the guilt and power of sin and that he lived and died and rose again as the perfect and only Substitute;
- that through faith created by the Holy Spirit the benefits of Christ’s work are received personally;
- that the Holy Spirit creates and strengthens that faith in Christ through God’s Word, Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper;
- that on the last day Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead and will take all those who trust in him into eternal life.
We join in that confession with over 1,200 congregations of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and with them carry on a world-wide ministry. For a more thorough presentation of what we believe, see the Lutheran Confessions, as compiled in the Book of Concord in 1580.